Additional Amendments to the Regulations of the Faculty.

The following amendments to the regulations of the Faculty were posted yesterday afternoon:

36; Continuous residence at the University is required during term-time. No interruption of residence is permissible except for satisfactory reasons, which must be stated orally to the Secretary, or if that is impossible, sent to him in writing, before the student leaves Cambridge. The student is further required to report to the Secretary immediately on his return.

37. Returns of absences from College exercises are made daily to the Secretary, and the absences of each student are entered at once upon his record. When the returns in any case are made by a monitor, a duplicate record is furnished to the instructor.

38. A student who is confined to his room by illness or any other cause that is likely to prevent his attendance upon College exercises for several days, is required to send notice of the fact as early as possible to the secretary.

Any student who has been unavoidably prevented from attending College exercises for several days, is required to present to the Secretary, immediately on his return to duty, a clear and explicit statement of the cause of his absence; and if his explanation is deemed sufficient; that fact will be entered on his record. Statements relating to avoidable absences will not be considered.

39. Habitual or continued absences from college exercises, or irregularity of attendance in the absence of a counter presumption raised by the student's record as a scholar, will be deemed prima facie evidence that the student is not fulfilling the purpose of his residence at the University, and may be made the ground of inquiry and of action on the part of the Faculty. See also S S 7 and 8.