An Interesting Race.

Athletic circles are at present greatly interested in a proposed race between Dohm of Princeton and T. P. Conneff. Ever since Dohm defeated Conneff in the half-mile at the meeting of the Columbia College Athletic Association, there has been a great deal of discussion on the subject of the respective merits of the men. A day or two after the meeting a very loud and boastful article appeared in the New York Star purporting to come from Conneff, in which he challenged Dohm to race. The article was in very bad taste, and everyone was glad to learn through a letter by Conneff, which appeared in the Clipper, that the article was ficticious, Conneff disclaiming all knowledge of it. In his letter to the Clipper, Conneff says he is willing to meet Dohm in a scratch half mile invitation race at the Berkeley Athletic club games on June 8, or in a similar race given under the auspice of the Manhattan Athletic club, or Princeton college. He concludes, "If I am beaten in such an event, properly traned, I will cheerfully concede Mr. Dohm's superiority at the half mile."

Mr. Hughes, secretary of the Manhattan Athletic club, and trainer Robison, of Princeton, have conferred on the subject and as a result the race will be run at Princeton, Saturday, June 15., Dohm has written Conneff, accepting his challenge, so that there is not much doubt but that the race will be held two weeks from today.

The race will certainly be very exciting, as the records of the men are only 2-5 of a second apart, Dohm's being 2 minutes, while Conneff's is 2 minutes 2-5 of a second.