The New Janitor System.

Through the efforts of several of the officers of the government of the university, at the beginning of the new college year, a complete change will be made in the system of janitors who have charge of the college buildings. These officers fully appreciate the many inconveniences to which those who live in college rooms have been obliged to submit for so long a time,

The proposed new system will go into effect on September first. There will be one janitor-in-chief, Mr. Cutler, who will have full charge of all the college buildings. He will act merely as a superintendent and all complaints must be made to him; it will be a part of his duty to see that all complaints are attended to. He will have power to appoint a corps of assistants who will under him, occupy the same position as the present janitors; and in some of the buildings the man in charge will be in his room by night as well as by day. It is proposed to have more men to do the heavy work so that the "goodies" may have more time to clean and take care of the rooms properly. All those employed about the buildings, both men and women will be obiged to wear some distinctive and neat uniform.

The present janitors will not be reappointed. More efficient, because better paid men will be obtained. There will probably not be a complete change in the corps of "goodies," as those who have given satisfaction may be retained.

The object of the change is to obtain better service and more neatness. The employment of a janitor-in-chief in whom all the responsibility will be centralized and to whom alcomplaints can be made, will, it is hoped, bring about the end in view.