Revised FootBall Rules.

The following official changes have been made in the football rules since last year:

Rule 4, altered in section (a) only to read, "A touchdown is made when the ball is carried, kicked or passed across the goal line and there held either in goal or touch in goal."

Rule 15, section (c) added to read, "Both umpire and referee shall use whistles to indicate cessation of play on fouls and downs. The referee shall use a stop watch in timing the game."

Rule 16, add new section (b) to read: "Time shall not be called for the end of the three quarters until the ball is dead, and in the case of a try at-goal from a touchdown the try shall be allowed. Time shall be taken out while the ball is being brought out either for a try or kick-out.

Rule 26. Add the interpretation passed last fall and since ratified: "The side which has the ball can only interfere with the body. The side which has not the ball can use the hands and arms as heretofore."

Rule 27. Alter to read as follows: (a) "A player shall be disqualified for unnecessary roughness, hacking or striking with the closed fist."

Section (b). For the offense of throttling, butting, tripping up, or tackling below the knees, the opponents shall receive twenty-five yards or a free kick at their option. In case, however they chose twenty-five yards, and this would carry the ball across the goal line, they can have only half the distance from the spot of the offense to the goal line."

Rule 33. Add section (b) as follows: Section (b). "The player in a try-at-goal may be off side or in touch with-out vitiating the kick.