City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Harvard Withdraws from the Base Ball League.

In consequence of the new regulations of the athletic committee the following letters tendering Harvard's formal withdrawal from the College Base Ball League were dispatched to New Haven last Thursday.

HARVARD UNIVERSITYBASE BVLL CLUB, CAMBRIDGE, Jan. 15, 1890.

Mr. G. Calhoun, Captain of Yale Nine-Dear Sir: I enclose a letter signed by the captain and manager of the Harvard University Base Ball club which is self-explanatory. In consequence of our withdrawal I hereby resign my position as secretary of the college league. Will you kindly read this and the enclosed letter at the meeting next Saturday. I will send my report tomorrow morning to you, and you will do me a great favor by reading that also. Yours truly, J. C. MCCOY.

HARVARD UNIVERSITYBASE BALL CLUB.

CAMBRIDGE, Jan. 15, 1890.

Mr. J. C. McCoy, Secretary of the College Base Ball League-Dear Sir: In consequence of the following rule which has been passed by the athletic committee, we hereby hand in our resignation as a member of the College Base Ball League: "Voted, that Harvard athletic organizations shall hereafter engage in intercollegiate contests only in New England. This rule shall not apply to the Harvard Athletic Association for the academic year 1889 90." Very truly yours, PHILIP B. LINN, Captain, JOHN T. BURNETT, Manager.

For the executive committee of the Harvard University Base Ball Association.