Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Crew Notes.

The university crew has got four new candidates; Powers, '92, who rowed on the freshman crew last year, Fitzhugh, and Blanchard '91, and Keyes '89, none of whom have rowed before. The crew rowed yesterday in the following order: Goddard stroke, Perkins 7, Powers 6, Upton 5, Jones 4, Nelson 3, Hartridge 2, Herrick 1. Mr. Keyes has been coaching regularly. Last week the crew began to row a full stroke on the fixed seats for the first time. The motions on the machine are still made very slow and simple with the idea of getting the groundwork of the stroke as thoroughly as possible. At present they simply row a few strokes without bending the arms, then a few full ones, and occasionally simply go through the motions without the oars.

It is useless to express any opinion as to how the crew is rowing, but it is fair to say that they go through their motions with a good deal of earnestness. Hutchinson, Tilton and Finlay are not yet rowing; they will commence soon after the mid-years. Mr. R. A. F. Penrose, '84, who rowed stroke on the crews of '85 and, 86 looked at the crew yesterday. The men will probably row in the tank by Wednesday or Thursday.