The New Boat House.

At the meeting of the Harvard Club, held in New York April 10, Prof. Hollis, as was then announced, presented a plan for erecting a new boat house, suitable to the needs of the University. The matter was thoroughly discussed and a committee appointed to raise $25,000 if possible. Since then considerable progress has been made in the matter of raising funds. So far $11,560 has been subscribed, and it is hoped that the gratifying interest shown will be in no way decreased.

The following are extracts from the circular letter issued by the committee:

"The most important accessory for rowing is a suitable boat house, and the present boat houses are not only badly situated but are wholly inadequate. They do not offer, and cannot be made to give, decent, sufficient or satisfactory accommodations for either men or boats, and in any event are probably soon to be condemned and removed by the public authorities in the opening of a new street.

"It is now proposed to build a properly equipped boat house near and in direct connection with Soldiers Field.

"The sum of twenty-five thousand dollars is needed to build a boat house, sufficient, not merely for the accommodation of the University crew, but for the needs of all the students.

"The committee appeals to all Harvard men to send to the treasurer at once such subscriptions as they desire to make."

The committee is as follows: Austen G. Fox '69 (chairman), Prescott Hall Butler '69, William S. Seamans '77, W. H. Baldwin Jr. '58, William W. Richards '55, Robert P. Perkins '84, Amos T. French '85 (treasurer), Walter Alexander '87.