The Freshman Glee Club.

The freshman Glee club has now begun work in earnest in the hope that it may be prepared to give a concert by the middle of February. It holds two rehearsals a week and will probably soon begin to have three. Much interest has been manifested so far and the club has taken a goods art, but there is a tendency on the part of members to think that because of the early formation of the club there is little work to do. The club has thirty-five members. The basses, both first and second are excellent, and on account of the good quality of all the material it was an exceedingly difficult matter to choose. The second tenors are a little weak, but can probably be developed into a fairly good set of voices. The first tenor is deplorably weak. It seems as if a class of over three hundred ought to furnish more tenors. Those singing now are nearly all untrained and after an hour's practice are almost entirely unfit for further singing. If there are any more first tenors in the class they would do well to try for the club before it is too late.

The club is now using the Harvard book but will soon branch out from this; they will very probably sing some of the 'Varsity songs the music of all of which has been kindly offered by the 'Varsity club. On the whole the club is doing well. Several of the officers have received invitations for the entertainment of the members and a bright and successful career is looked for.