City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Mott Haven Team.

Nearly all the former members of the Mott Haven Team who are not playing football at present are out on the track. Besides these there are many promising new men. A considerable number are in training for the Boston Athletic Association games on the 8th of October and those of the Salford Harriers on the 18th. The short time left for training will make it impossible to say exactly who will be able to compete, but it is safe to say that the number of entries from Harvard will be large.

Of the new men it is hard to form an opinion, after the short amount of training, but among them are several good athletes from last year's school teams. Among these are: Wheelwright, '94, who is trying the four hundred and forty yards run and the high jump; Fred Baker, '94, who is sprinting in good form; Hoag, '94, who is training for the high hurdles and the broad jump. J. Bell, '94, the winner of the inter-scholastic walk. Sherwin '94, is at present playing football, and will not begin training for track athletics until later. R. Sever Hale, '91, who has been excluded from training before, by an injury, is now walking in good form and making fast time.

The prospect of four open handicap games and the Harvard handicap games has probably been the chief reason why so large a number of men are in training.