Communication.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

May I once more call attention through your columns to the eminent unsuitableness of the site selected for the Brooks Memorial House? The northwest corner of the Yard is so crowded that any new building could hardly fail to detract seriously from the beauty of the spot, to say nothing of injuring the rear rooms of Stoughton. These objections have been already urged at length in editorials of both the Monthly and CRIMSON, and in fact by every person, whether graduate or undergraduate, to whom I have mentioned the matter. It is one in which we are all of necessity interested, yet the authorities in charge have not thus far seen fit to vouchsafe us the slightest explanation. Much as the new building ought to prove a distinct addition to the beauty of the Yard, this is probably the last thing it is likely to be according to the general verdict. Would there not therefore, to put it mildly, seem to be sufficient cause for a reconsideration of the site, or at the very least, for a publication of the arguments in its favor?

I hope that if any graduate reads this communication he will see fit to make an active protest against this overcrowding. It means the disfigurement of our row of old buildings.

SENIOR.FEBruary 8, 1898.