Ninety-three 24; C. H. S. O.

Yesterday afternoon on the Cambridge Common '93 defeated the C. H. S. eleven by a score of 24 to 0.

The grounds were in poor condition and caused both teams to slip and fumble badly. '93's playing was at times especially ragged. Through sheer carelesness they opened up great gaps in their rush line for their opponents to take advantage of, but it was at the ends that they seemed particularly weak. The men were slow in getting through and there was a general lack of team work. The Cambridge boys began poorly but steadily improved as the game progressed. Their playing showed considerable practice and time after time they worked the old criss-cross trick with great success.

At 4.10 the men lined up, '93 having the ball. A V was formed and Malone made a good gain. Broughton followed it with a long rush. After three downs Duffield kicked and kicked poorly, Broughton carried it over and Duffield kicked goal. Score 6-0.

Cambridge also made a V and lost the ball on four downs. Harvard kicked and on a poor decision of the referee Cambridge was allowed five yards. The referee claimed that the man who caught the ball heeled and accordingly when he was thrown gave the five yards. Cambridge then made a great gain by a pass. The ball went to Harvard at four downs. Ellsworth rushed and was pushed over. Duffield kicked a goal. Score 12-0.

A V and two criss-cross rushes in quick succession carried the ball towards '93's goal. Parker and Broughton rushed it back and Duffield carried it over and kicked a goal. Score 18-0.

Another V and a long rush by Stark. Cambridge awarded five jurde by the umpire. Time called at 4.25 with the ball near Harvard's goal.

Cambridge once more made its V and Stark rushed well. Long rushes by Whitman and Broughton followed, and after each side had been allowed five yards Stevenson rushed. He passed the ball to Broughton who carried it over and Duffield kicked his fourth successive goal. Score 24-0.

No more points were scored during the remainder of the game.

For Harvard Ellsworth and Broughton did good work. Cambridge team as a whole played well but was too light. Stark and Whitman made some magnificent rushes. The men lined as follows, though severall changes were afterwards made;

C. H. S-Arnold (right end), Page, Davenport, Haines, Bent, Chase, Thayer; backs, Wrenn, Whitman and Stark, Raymond.

Ninety-three.- Dibblee (right end), Cary, Hand, Bartlett, Stevenson, Ellsworth, Collamore; backs, Malone, Parker and Broughton, Duffield.

Umpire, P. V. K. Johnson '93; referee Wrenn '92.