Football.

NINETY-THREE, 6; NINETY-FOUR, 4.

The first week of football practice has shown that there are possibilities in the University of a very strong eleven. About thirty of the candidates were at Newcastle in July and Captain Emmons had the backs with him at Falmouth the first of this month. A week ago yesterday the regular training on Soldiers Field began.

Of last year's eleven, Emmons, Stevenson, Manahan, Beale, Wrightington, Dunlop, and C. Brewer are all at work; several of the substitutes, including Winslow, A. Brewer, Fairchild, Gray, Foster, Hallo well and Jackson, are also out. Wrenn is in Cambridge and probably will be out trying for quarter in a day or two. Waters has not yet returned to Cambridge, but it is hoped that he and possibly Mackie will play. The freshman material for the centre positions is above the average. Holt, Meeler, Hennan and Shaw are all big men who should give good accounts of themselves before the end of the season. Dr. Brooks is acting this year as chief coach, and Mr. Lathrop will look out for the physical condition of the men. Yesterday for the first time the men lined up and played a regular game. The two elevens were made up as follows:

FIRST ELEVEN. SECOND ELEVEN.

Emmons, left end, Moulton.

Richardson left end, Moulton.

Hallowell, left tackle, Hovey.

Hallowell, left tackle, Holmes.

Manahan, left guard, Hoague.

Manahan, left guard, Warren.

Shaw '97, centre, Winslow.

Holt, right guard, Wheeler.

Gould, right tackle, Teele.

A. Brewer, right end, Hartwell.

Fairchild, quarterback, Foster.

Beale, quarterback, Borden.

Stevenson. halfback, Phelan.

Gray, halfback, McNear.

Wrightington halfback, Lovering.

Brown, halfback, Hitch.

Brewer, fullback, Hamlen.

Dunlop, fullback, Jackson.

Manager Mills yesterday announced the following schedule of games; all but three will be played in Cambridge. The Cornell game will be played at New York; the Yale game at Springfield, and the Pennsylvania game at Philadelphia. On open dates the graduates will make up an eleven to play the 'varsity.

Sept. 29, Dartmouth.

Oct. 3, Exeter; 6, Andover; 10, Brown; 13, Orange Athletic Club; 17, Amherst; 20, Williams; 24, open date; 27, Cornell; 31, Boston Athletic Association.

November 3, open; 10, Chicago Athletic Club; 24, Yale; 29, University of Pennsylvania.