Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Harvard Free Wool Club.

The Free Wool Club was organized in 1889 to continue the work of the temporary Harvard Tariff Reform Club, formed in 1888 during the Presidential Campaign, and under whose auspices the great Tremont Temple Rally was held. The present club will endeavor, during the winter, to meet the great interest in the college on the question of tariff reform by several meetings which will be addressed by eminent speakers on both sides of the question. The first meeting will be held tomorrow evening in Sever 11, when Mr. Moorfield Storey, of Boston, will speak on "The Tariff Question of 1890."

It is earnestly desired that the Club, which now numbers about 130, shall have, if possible, as large a membership as in 1888, when the Tariff Reform Club numbered over 500. Any one believing in Tariff Reform, therefore, who is willing to pay the very small fee of the club, (which will be still lower reduced if a large number join), will have his name promptly considered and acted upon by sending it to the secretary, C. L. Schurz, 36 Thayer Hall.

The following are the officers for this term: President, L. McK. Garrison, L. S.; Secretary, Carl L. Schurz, '93; Treasurer, J. F. Jenkins, '91; vice-Presidents, F. C. Huntington, W. H. Rand, Jr., G. Hay, O. Prescott and G. S. Howe, from the Law School; Moses Williams, Jr., H. de Y. Lentz, G. T. Goldthwaite, J. B. Embick and E. F. Fitzhugh, from '91; A. M. White, Guy Lowell, Frank MacDonald, Julian Codman and C. T. R. Bates, from '92; N. T. Robb, L. A. Frothingham, J. D. Upton, O. G. Villard and Calvert Brewer, from '93; and J. B. Eustis, from '94. Four more freshman vice-presidents will be taken on after the mid years.