Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Harvard Rowing Club.

A year ago there was no rowing at Harvard except the practice of the regular 'varsity and class crews. Last spring and this fall, however, the appearance of the Charles has changed in that it is now covered with rowing or sculling craft of every description.

This change has been due to the building of the Weld boat house, and the founding of the Harvard Rowing club, an account of which follows.

Towards the beginning of last year it was announced that the boat-house which Mr. Weld was building for the college was finished. There was a mass meeting held in which Mr. Weld was thanked for what he had done, a club was formed to occupy the new building, a constitution was adopted, and officers were elected. The constitution provided that any officer or student of the university should be entitled to membership in the club upon payment of an annual fee of five dollars. In spite of the fact that the year was so far advanced, a large number of men joined during the spring, so that the membership last June was about three hundred. The club is now beginning its second year; and already a number of new men have joined. Eighty new lockers have been put in, and fifty of them are already taken.

The prospects of the club are very bright. Seven new boats have been added this summer, making the total number twenty-four, enough to accommodate fifty-seven men at once. Not many of the freshmen have joined yet; but it is hoped that the club will have large reinforcements from '94. There is no limit to the number of members, and there must be a large number of men in '94 who will gladly avail themselves of the privileges of one of the largest and best boat clubs in the country.