Foot Ball Practice.

There was a large number of spectators on Jarvis watching the foot ball practice yesterday afternoon in spite of the disagreeable weather.

Dean is still laid up with a lame shoulder, and Burgess, '93, played quarter-back on the first eleven with G. F. Harding. L. S., in the same position on the second. Lee was behind the line again at right half-back on the first, but his knee still seemed to bother him considerably. Lake was the other half-back and with Trafford at full, the first eleven was made up as follows: Rushers, Cumnock, '91, Upton, '93, Vail, '93, Cranston, '92, centre; Blanchard, '91, Newell, '94, Hallowell, '93. The second eleven was made up with Frothingham, '93, at full back, Corbett, '94, Fearing, '93, and Moen, '91, at half, Harding, L. S., quarter, and rushers Miller, '93, Davis, '93, Heard, '92, Shaw L. S., Shea, '94, Thomas, '92 and Alward, L. S.

For the first half hour the first eleven rushers practised breaking through on Trafford who was behind the second eleven, and was given the ball to kick. After that a regular game was played. Burgess made a bad pass to Lake, and Moen broke through, got the ball and scored a touchdown for the second eleven. Corbett also did good work and found holes in the first eleven through which he made a couple of good runs. The first eleven scored two or three times, but showed a lack of snap all through.