Intercollegiate Tennis.

The following are the scores in the play at the Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament at New Haven yesterday :

The morning scores: A. J. Parker, Yale beat L. A. Pierson, Williams, 6-3, 6-4. O. S. Campbell, Columbia, beat D. B. George, Brown, 6-1, 8-6. Hugh Tallant, Harvard, beat W. P. Johnson, Princeton, by default. J. Howland, Yale, beat H. C. Gordon, Wesleyan, by default. A. E. Wright, Columbia, beat G. A. Estey, Amherst, by one default. J. Howland, Yale, beat A. E. Wright, Columbia, 7-5, 3-6, 6-2. L. R. Parker, Yale, beat E. P. McMullen, Columbia, by default. L. R. Parker, Yale, defeated E. W. Pond, Dartmouth, 6-3, 6-1. F. H. Hovey, Harvard, defeated C. D. Burroughs, Brown, by default.

In the afternoon two very lively matches were played. In the match between Parker of Yale and Hovey of Harvard, the Yale man needed but two points to win, but at that critical moment he went to pieces and Hovey was an easy winner. In the match between Campbell, of Columbia and Tallant of Harvard, both players did some very pretty playing, Campbell taking the first set and Tallant the second. In the third set, when the score stood 3-2 in favor of Campbell, Tallant refused to finish it on account of darkness and the game is to be played off. The score: Hovey of Harvard vs. Parker of Yale, 3-6, 7-5, 6-1. Campbell of Columbia vs. Tallant of Harvard, 6-4, 4-6, 3-2.