Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'Varsity 53; Second Eleven 10.

As Lafayette broke her promise to play Harvard at Springfield Saturday when it was too late to arrange a game with another college, the 'Varsity was obliged to get what practice it could from the second eleven on Jarvis field; yet the result was one of the most interesting games of the season and the 'Varsity did most creditable work. The teams lined up as follows:

'Varsity: Hallowell, Newell, P. Trafford, Cranston, Finlay, Upton, Cumnock, Dean, Corbett, and Lake, B. Trafford.

Second Eleven: Mason, Alward, Shaw, Bangs, Goldthwaite, (Shea), Blanchard, Crosby, Harding, (Burgess), Fearing, and Lee, Frothingham. Umpire, Perry, L. S. Referee, Forbes, '92.

The game opened with the 'Varsity in possession of the ball. 18 yards were gained by a V. A. successions of short, sharp rushes followed, Corbett and Trafford carrying the ball. The first touchdown was made inside of four minutes; no goal. The 'Varsity continued to play a rush game altogether, Corbett and Lake generally carrying the ball. The second eleven could make little impression on the 'Varsity's line. Frothingham was given many chances to kick, and this he did very prettily. Towards the end of the half, with the score 25-0 in favor of the 'Varsity, Lee made a beautiful run round the end, and scored a touchdown; goal. Score 25-6. After another touchdown by Corbett time was called. Score 31-6.

The second half was practically a repetition of the first, except for some very bad fumbling back of the second eleven's line. The 'Varsity made four touch downs, from three of which goals were kicked; for the second eleven Lee again ran around the end and scored. Final score 53-10.