Y. M. C. A. Work.

In the work of the Harvard Y. M. C. A. this year there are several departures from the old methods. Last year more than enough money was raised among members of the association to support a general secretary, who could give more time to the work than a regular student. Possibly the newest feature is the work among the sailors in Boston and Charlestown. On Sunday several men go aboard the coal and timber vessels lying near by and talk plainly and frankly with the sailors who are, as a rule, unprejudiced and willing listeners and talkers. The effect of this work is twofold. Besides its effect on the sailors, there is a reflex influence on the men themselves. They find it excellent training.

At the recent state convention at Haverhill fifteen Harvard men were present and their influence was forcibly felt by the other delegates. At the session of the Haverhill convention last Saturday, a college conference was held at which papers were read by C. C. Closson, '92, and W. C. Damon, '92. Students from Harvard also made addresses Sunday morning at the Centre Congregational Church, and conducted the evening services at the Union Congregational Mission.

This is the Week of Prayer for colleges and in consequence a short devotional meeting will be held every evening at 6.30 in the association rooms in Lawrence Hall. All members of the university are cordially invited to attend.