Princeton Eleven.

The Princeton eleven is very hard at work, practising daily from noon till about 2 o'clock. President Wilson, of the Princeton Foot Ball Association, aflirms that the game with Yale on Thanksgiving Day is by no means a foregone conclusion. "We have no stars this year," he says, "for brilliant and showy work, but we intend to show an all-round team work that will count." It cannot be denied that each day's practice shows a material improvement in team work. The ragged play of the rushers in blocking and of the backs in getting hold of the ball which was so ominous in the earlier part of the season is fast disappearing. All the men play with energy and spirit. At the same time, the fact that so many of the team were laid up in the game with Pennsylvania makes the outlook for Princeton anything but bright. Poe, Riggs, Jones, Black and Warren are the five remaining players left from last year. Of these, Poe is confined to his room by injuries received in the Pennsylvania game, Black will very likely be unable to get his knee into condition to play at Thanksgiving, and Warren is in bad form; Jones has only recently returned to Princeton and is still weak at centre. The ends will probably be Furness and Warren, and the tackles Speer and Black, if the latter is to play at all. King has been tried at quarter-back in Poe's absence. Until recently he has been playing right half-back. Spicer, a new man, at left halfback, will be depended upon todo most of the bucking of Yale's line. Homans, at fullback, also a new man, is slow, but a sure drop-kicker and hard punter. The following men have recently been coaching the team: Duncan Edwards, '83, Aleck Moffat, '84, Tracey Harris, '87, Sam. Hodge, '87, and Hector Cowan, '88.