Additions to the Library.

The semi-monthly installment of imported books has just been received at the library. It contains the usual number of books which the company's agents in all the countries of Europe are authorized to purchase. One set of books is worthy of especial notice. This is a set of seventy small volumes containing selections from the French classics. They have been presented to the library by the large Parisian publishing firm of Veuve Eugene Belin et Fils-a very unusual thing for a foreign or in fact an American publishing house to do. When Professor Cohn was abroad last summer, he visited this publishing house and admired this set of French classics, as they are admirably adapted for work in the less advanced French courses. Hence the gift.

Another excellent set of books is a set of seventy-five volumes of Scandinavian literature of all sorts. The college library possesses already an excellent collection of Scandinavian literature, and will no doubt in the near future have as perfect a one as money can procure.

Besides these the library has received from England a large number of works on philosophy, philology, history and on art, together with books for general reading-about two hundred and fifty volumes in all.