Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Freshman Foot Ball Games.

In connection with the coming freshman foot ball game, it is interesting to review the former games. In 1876 the first freshman game between Harvard and Yale was played on the Boston Common with snow on the ground and a freezing temperature, Harvard winning by a score of three goals to none. The following year two games were played, Harvard being victorious at New Haven by a score of one goal to O, and at Boston by a score of one touch down to 0.

No games were played in '78 and in the next year Yale '83, won both games played at New Haven and Cambridge, with scores of 2 touch downs to 0, and 1 goal and 3 touch downs to 0. In '80 and '81 Harvard lost; in '82 and '83 the games were tied,-6-6 and 5-5. The next year Yale '88 defeated both the Amherst and Wesleyan freshman teams by scores of 58-0 and 8-2.

For the last four years Yale has been defeated by Harvard at Cambridge and New Haven alternately, by scores of 22-4, 6-2, 36-4 and 35-12. Thus it will be seen that since the association was formed the Harvard freshmen have won seven games and the Yale freshmen four, two games being tied.