The Cosmopolitan.

Harvard men will find the most interesting feature of the December Cosmopolitan the article by Lilian Whiting on "Literary Boston." Literary Boston, according to Miss Whiting, comprises Cambridge as well, and therefore includes many of our Harvard celebrities. A very good portrait of Dr. A. P. Peabody is one of the illustrations to the article. Colonel Higginson, Horace E. Scudder, Professor Torsford, Professor Barrett Wandell, Oscar Fay Adams are among the Cambridge men mentioned.

Miss Elizabeth Bisland, who went around the world for the Cosmopolitan a few months ago, contributes an article on the "Passion Play at Oberammergan." More interesting is Rear-Admiral T. H. Stevens' "Cruise of the Sonoma." The Sonomo was a United States cruiser which did good service in intercepting blockade runners in West India waters in 1862.

Two other articles of interest to the warlike-minded are James Grant Wilson's sketch of Von Moltke and the second part of Arthur Sherburne Hardy's account of the Japanese Army. One would hardly believe that the author of this matter-of-fact description of military maneuvers in Japan could have written the "Wind of Destiny" and "Passe-Rose." But Mr. Hardy was a soldier himself once, while calculations of the velocity of Japanese riffles must be easy work to the Dartmouth professor of mathematics.

Eliza Ruhamah Scidmore writes about "Collections of Teapots" and Herbert Pierson on a quaint fireplace in Bruges. The fiction of the number is contributed by Gertrude Franklin Atherton and R. M. Johnston, the poetry by G. E. Montgomery, J. W. Wiedemeyer, William Wheeler, Elizabeth Akers and Marion M. Miller. Murat Holstead contributes the mouthy review of current events and Dr. E. E. Hale the "Social Problems." The magazine is well illustrated and has a very neat appearance.