Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Advocate.

The seventh number of the Advocate must be considered one of the best that has appeared this year. "One of the Unfit" is of exceptional merit. It gives proof of a power of analysis possessed by few and of an ability to make details and accessories contribute to the general tone of the story which gives it, in spite of its melancholy, a strange charm. The story has many points of resemblance with the "Decadence of Arthur Helmer" by the same writer in one of the last year's Advocates. It is fully equal to it, if it is not better.

"The Editorial We" is of another character. It is bright and clean and suffers only by comparison with the story which precedes it. The plot is original and the problem of rival journalism and united hearts is solved in a new and striking manner.

"Hee Mutsh Ete" is an amusing account of the conjugal infelicities of a Chinaman of that name and his spouse Wuz Stowt. The merit of the tale lies largely in the brisk and homorous way in which it is told.

The Kodaks in this number are of the average quality. The verse, a ballade on "A Fan, Painted by Wattean" and "Love and the Sea" are satisfactory, the ballade being somewhat the better of the two.

The editorials deal with the refusal of the Faculty to delay registration, the unfounded rumor about the Mott Haven games, the New England rule, the approbation of the graduates in Harvard's athletic victories, the rumored appointment of a new professor of Political Economy and also discuss certain features of the three years' plan. The Advocate doubts, as many do, the wisdom of the New England rule in athletics. Particularly in the case of the Mott Haven games the rule should yield because New York is the only central point of reunion for most of the colleges forming the Intercollegiate Association. And the meetings should be where the competitors are as numerous as possible, for in track and field athletics the standard is raised by increased competition.