Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Yale Crew.

The candidates for the Yale Crew began regular work in the tank on Monday. Several new men have been rowing on the harbor all Fall under the direction of Captain Brewster, but from this time the men will work to gether. Five of last year's crew will row this year: Captain Brewster rowed 3; W. A. Simms, P. G., No. 2; J. A. Hartwell, P. G., No. 5; H. T. Ferris, '91, No. 6, and S. B. Ives, '93, No. 7. Among those who have been working during the Fall are Hagerman, L. S., who rowed for two years on the Cornell Crew, C. R. Ely, '91, D. Rogers, '93, A. W. Treadwell, '93, S., and J. Howland, '94, all of whom have had some experience. Others who have begun training are Klimpke, '92, Belliet, '92, Morison, '92, Crosby, '92, Ryle, '92, and Wallis, '93. The men will do two hours of hard work every afternoon until February when they will go to the training table and have their work increased.

A number of changes have been made in the tank. Flooring has been placed next to the boat, and the width of the channels at the ends of the tank has been made equal to the width at the sides. Thus quicker water will be produced, and the men in the boat may have a quicker stroke.