Outing for December.

December's Outing opens with a fresh and interesting article on Sport. It deals mainly with shooting around the Potomac and abounds with anecdotes of that region. There follows an article on the Detroit Athletic Club, giving the positions of the various athletes in their respective branches. It also gives a description of the club-house, one of the finest in the country.

The second part of Mr. E. Ingress dl's description of his experiences in a trip to the Pacific by way of Canada, is given. He describes and illustrates the notable places of interest in the northwest. A short but rather clever story entitled; "A Critical Situation," an adventure in London, follows. But the feature of the number for Harvard is the first of a series of articles on American College Athletics, by Mr. Hallowell, a member of last year's graduating class. It is on Harvard University and presents all the leading features of our yearly athletic events. The author gives a detailed account of the organization and subsequent work of the athletic association, and adds a picture of '88's famous tug-of-war team in the act of "dropping." The history of our base ball association, with the group of last year's nine, is added. The article is to be continued in the next number of the Outing.

A Ride to a Russian Wedding, by C. M. Litevin, and the second paper on the Outdoor Life of the Presidents, by John P. Foley, completes the number