Electric Club.

Mr. G. T. Page '92, spoke before the Electric club last evening on the types of stationary engines most suitable for running dynamos. The talk included an explanation of the principle of the steam engine, descriptions of governors indicators, etc., and finally a careful comparison of the different types of stationary engines. Mr. Page is the librarian of the club and has lately obtained a number of valuable publications from the most important companies, notably some photographs from the Ball Company, blueprints, charts, and engravings from the Harrisburg and Hamilton Corliss Companies, and catalogues from all the other concerns of any note. Many of these are nothing less than instructive treatises and the speaker pointed out the best way to use them. The library of the club contains all the latest periodicals, Scientific American, and elaborate catalogues of the various systems. At the next meeting the club will be addressed informally by Mr. Charles H. Davis, a prominent by Mr. Charles H. Davis, a prominent electrical engineer in New York, and a nephew of Professor Davis of the Natural History department. He will speak on Practical Engineering.