Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Chess and Whist Club.

The Chess and Whist club met for the first time last night in their new rooms at 7 Brattle street. The old rooms were very badly situated in being so far from the yard, and it is hoped that renewed interest will be taken in the club, now that the rooms are so accessible. A very successful meeting was held as Mr. Prentiss Cummings of the Boston Chess club was present and played games with six of the members simultaneously. Messrs. Brown, Sturgis, Irwin, Adams and Burlingham were forced to resign, but Mr. Nicolls won his game by careful play. After this Mr. Cummings played a game against several of the members in consultation. The game was opened by the allies with the Scotch gambit, and after a long and exciting game, Mr. Cummings was mated in a very pretty way.

Next week the whist tournament will be begun. A tournament was held last year and was so successful that it is hoped this years tournament will be the same. A blue book has been left at Bartlett's where it will remain till next Wednesday, and it is hoped that all members of the club will enter. The tournament is not open to the college at large.