Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Baseball Work.

The candidates for the 'varsity and freshman nines are exercising daily in the gymnasium under the direction of Captain Linn. The work in the cage consists of practice with grounders, throwing, and starting from bases. Men are made to start both backwards and forwards in order that they may be able to make the best of all chances in base running. The rest of the exercise is work at the dumb-bells and chest weights, and a run of five laps on the track, or a short run out-doors when the weather permits. The candidates for the battery are looked after by Mr. Clarkson every day from two till four o'clock, including Saturday. The 'varisty and freshman nines do about the same work, but the freshmen practice battery in the morning.

The cage in the new Carey building will soon be ready for use. The 'varsity will not make a trip during the Easter vacation as the team can work to better advantage in Cambridge if the season is open.

The candidates for the 'varsity are as follows: For the outfield-Allen, '92, Bowman, '91, Crosby, '91, Cummin, '92, '90, Neff, '92, Parker, '91, Perkins, Woomer, '91, Codman, '90; for the infield-Alward, L. S., Austrian, '91, Bates, '90, Calkins, '90, Carpenter, L. S., Curtis, '92. Dean, '91, Mead, '91, McCoy, '90, McLeod, '90, Nelson, '91, Simons, '91, Stetson, Trafford, '93, Washburn, '90, Washburn, '91, Winsor, '93, Wrenn, '92, Soule, '93, Lee, '91; for pitcher-Gambrill, Holland, Howe, Luce, Spalding, Young, Cummings, Ball; for catcher-Babbitt, Hale, How land, Mason, Upton, Bell, Chapman.

Altogether there are nearly fifty candidates.