Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

THE two debates which have thus far taken place in the Harvard Union show that the University can support an organization of that kind. But that the interest in the society may be kept at the present level, other inducements than debate pure and simple must be offered. Besides the room for debate, which it is hoped Sever Hall will furnish next year, there is need of a social reading-room, to be kept open in the evening, when one has time to look over the newspapers or reviews. The reading-room now in the hands of the undergraduates has never been managed so as to give general satisfaction, and we understand that the finances are not in the best condition. If this room were controlled by the Union, it might be made to meet the wants of the University better than it does now. The door should be kept locked, and each man supplied with a key, so that only those who pay their subscription could use it. As things are now, a comparatively small number support the room, while it is used by everybody that comes along. If it is found impossible to make the arrangement here suggested, we hope that the President will see that the Union has a room suitable for this purpose.