Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

No Headline

In these days when even those whose interest in the success of the eleven is most intense can not for obvious reasons know anything of the real chances of success or failure, it is of vital importance that every man strive to keep his spirits up and to show in every way possible his loyalty. Many circumstances have conspired this season to weaken the confidence of the College in the team's ability to win. The daily papers have contained startling accounts of Yale's strength, while by reason of the strict secrecy to which all the Harvard players have been bound, no rumors of wonderful plays, such as were current last year, have been heard. And so already a few of the fainter hearted have begun to tell their friends confidentially that Harvard has not a ghost of a chance to win.

This tendency to cry whipped beforehand must be stopped. If the College loses heart in advance, what can it ask of the team? There are certain strong grounds for encouragement. Never has a Harvard eleven been better captained, better coached or better trained, at least so far as we may judge at present. It is reasonable to expect that the showing made on Saturday will be better than it has been when the team had more men whose individual playing was excellent.