Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Communication.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for the sentiments expressed.

Editors Daily Crimson:

Allow us, as editors of "The Harvard Portfolio," to add to the article which appeared in the CRIMSON of last Saturday, a word of explanation. The one thing which prevents every student from purchasing at the close of each collegiate year a large number of photographs of men and things that have interested him, is the expense involved. By recently improved processes it has now become possible excellently to reproduce photographs at a cost much below that of the originals. The function in the new publication is, then, to furnish in permanent form a representative collection of such reproductions. That "The Harvard Portfolio," therefore, may, from the start, adequately fulfill its mission, two things are necessary: first, an excellent quality of work, and, second, as complete a collection of illustrations as possible. The first we guarantee; the second must depend largely upon the encouragement we receive from the university. The publication should contain, beside the illustrations mentioned in your article, cuts of the graduating classes in the professional schools and of all notable organizations in the university. We purpose carrying out these ideas just as far as the support of the college warrants. Such propositions will be made to societies as will be favorably considered. What we need now is the immediate support of the college by subscriptions. By taking advantage of the temporary reduction in price, students will enable us to get at college sentiment and, therefore, to act with greater confidence.

E. L. KINYON, '90,W. H. WIGGIN, JR., '92.