Mr. Speer's Lecture.

Last evening in the rooms of the Y. M. C. A. Mr. Speer, a graduate of Princeton spoke upon "Foreign Missions." He told how over a hundred young men who had assembled in Northfield last summer pledged themselves to engage in mission work in foreign countries-how these young men went to the various colleges throughout the country and secured promises from many young men to become missionaries to foreign countries if they should live. Mr. Speer urged upon his fellow students the necessity of those who could to engage in missionary work for there is vast room for such work. All through the Soudan, through, the valley of the Congo, throughout central Africa, the natives live and die in ignorance of the true life and the true God.

The speaker then spoke of Mr. John Gay who went to the Hebrides and on whose grave after he died was the following epitaph: "When he came to the Island there were no Christians, when he died there were no heathens." In conclusion he urged upon as many of his audience as could, to become missionaries for they would never regret it.