Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Vesper Service.

Rev. F. G. Peabody conducted the vesper service yesterday-the last one of the season. Mr. Peabody spoke from the text: "Where there is no vision the people perish," and said:

It is no wonder the word "vision" became a proverb among the Jews, Over and over again they relapsed, but there was constantly held before them by their prophets the vision of a beautiful land. Where there are no visions the people perish. It is not what a nation possesses or acquires, but it is the national idea which pervades its life. Our own country is not great by what it has, but what it dreams. It is our national ideas which keep us safe and pure.

All that is true of nations in these respects is true of individuals. That which gives character to the individual is what he has in his imagination. And all this is yet more true of an institution like ours. It is sustained for a liberal education and for the ascertainment of truth. If it fails in this it is not liberal, but narrow, and our education is but information.

If it leads one into a larger and deeper range of life into an enlargement of the vision, then it has been truly liberal. Where there are no visions life is narrow and dry. Let us cherish them, then, for they lift us upward and onward.

The choir rendered the following an them: "Come now and let us reason together" by Wareing; "Like as the Hart" by Hoyte; "The Wilderness" by Goss. Mr. Richardson bass and Mr. Rose counter tenor assisted the choir.