Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Quinquennial Catalogue.

The most important change in the new Quinquennial Catalogue, which will appear at commencement, will be its publication in English. The system hitherto followed of printing all the names in Latin has been confusing in more than one way, particularly on account of the rapialy increasing use of nick-names, such as Harry, Frank, etc. In addition to the list of fellows, professors, instructors, etc., a new feature will be a list of assistants in all departments from the first appointment about 1870. There will also be some changes in the class lists under the names. It has always been customary to insert degrees and appointments received by graduates. But hither to appointments from certain colleges only have been recognized. The list in future will include all masterships received from secondary schools as well as from colleges. Lists of the deans in all the departments will be given and, in the class lists, the office of instructor is to be noticed if the appointment was for a time exceeding one year A very convenient addition will be a complete index to all the names of officers. The other changes are mainly typographical.

Mr. W. H. Tillinghast, who is in charge of the catalogue, is very much in favor of the publication of the work in English. He anticipates no difficnlty in the Anglicizing of all the complicated names. He will be assisted in certain parts of his work by Mr. F. W. Nicolson.