Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Communications.

We invite all members of the University to contribute to this column, but we are not responsible for thesentiments expressed.

EDITORS DAILY CRIMSON:- I wish to call attention to the orchestral concert Thursday evening in Sanders Theatre. The concerts are supposed to be given for the benefit of the college, but the number of students that go is very small. The present concert is likely to be a most interesting one, and the soloist created a great sensation here last year, which will probably be repeated.

At the former concerts the audience has been in the habit of greeting the leader with deathly silence instead of the cordial applause that ought to be, and in other cities is, accorded to him. This coldness amounts to no less than an insult, and should not be allowed to continue, for, if we can find no higher motive than a selfish one, we must remember that no orchestra can play with spirit and enthusiasm unless it feels the audience in sympathy with it. As Mr. Gericke, then, takes his place Thursday evening, let him receive a few rounds of applause.

K. M.