Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Book Review.

A new publication, "The American Cricket Annual," has been started by a cricketer, and promises to develop into a useful enterprise. It is a compilation of last season's scores made by the principal clubs of this country and Canada. The book opens with brief sketches of the year's work in this country and in England, and closes with the revised rules of the game. Its bulk is occupied by club scores. The first record is that of the Gentlemen of Philadelphia on their English trip. Next comes the Harvard record. with a summary of the matches and the individual batting and bowling averages. Then follow in some confusion records of other clubs. A noticeable fault is the omission of the Longwood club's scores. The book ought to have been better arranged and more complete, but we may hope for these improvements in succeeding issues. Meanwhile the book is valuable to all cricketers as a convenient record of the season's scores.

[The American Cricket Annual. 1890. By J. Flannery, New York. C. J. Sabiston, publisher; pp. 110 Price 50c].