Berkeley Athletic Club Meeting.

The Berkeley Athletic Club, of New York City, will hold its first annual spring meeting at the Berkeley Oval on May 17. The committee having charge of the games, with Wendell Baker, '86, chairman, has sent invitations to the crack athletes of the I. C. A. A. N. A. and of the A. A. U., and judging from the large number of entries already received the games will be very successful. The track is in excellent; condition; at the intercollegiate meeting in May, 1889, eight records were broken in the fifteen events: since then the track has been improved a good deal, so that it is today one of the fastest in the country. The list of events is as follows:

100 Yards Dash, Scratch.

150 Yards Dash, handicap. (Limit 7 yds)

440 Yards Run, handicap, (Limit 15 yds)

600 Yards Run, scratch.

Half Mile Run, handicap, (Limit 30 yds)

High Jump, scratch.

120 Yards Hurdle, scratch.

220 Yds. Hurdle, handicap, (limit 11 yds)

2 Mile Bicycle, scratch.

3 Mile Bicycle Team Race, (teams of 3 men.)

Putting the Shot (16 lbs.) handicap, (limit 5 feet.)

Broad Jump, scratch.

Tug of War, (650 lbs. limit) teams of 4 men.

Handsome cups will be given to first, second and third in each event, except in the tug of war, in which contest each member of the winning team will received a prize, and a banner will be presented to the club entering such team. In the team bicycle race a banner will be presented to the team scoring the greatest number of points, as per L. A. W. rules, and the first three men over the line will receive additional prizes. Furthermore, a handsome banner will be awarded the club scoring the greatest number of points during the entire meeting, first place to count five points, second place three points and third place 1 point. The right to reject or strike out an entry is reserved. Entries close May 10 with Dr. W. L. Savage, secretary Games Committee, 19 West 44th street, New York City.