Interscholastic Athletic Association.

Preparations are now on foot for the annual spring tournament of the Interscholastic Athletic Association, which will take place June 7. If permission can be obtained from the athletic committee, the games will be held on Holmes field again this year. Members of the following schools and academies have entered: Roxbury Latin, Hopkinsons, Worcester, Boston Latin, English High, Mr. Hale's, Mr. Nichol's and Mr. Noble's. Several more schools will be represented before the entries close, including Phillips Exeter and Andover.

The events are the same as the Mott Haven events, with the exception of the one-mile run, the low hurdles, and the tug-of-war; the bicycle race is one mile, and the hammer only twelve pounds in weight. Throwing the base ball is also an event. Since 1886 the year in which the Association was founded, Hopkinson's has won once, Roxbury Latin twice, and Worcester won last year. This year the contest will be close, with the chances slightly in favor of Roxbury Latin. The association was organized in 1889 by graduates of the various schools, chiefly Harvard men.

The night of the games the winners of events in former years will give a dinner in honor of the winners of the day. E. Sturgis, '90, captain of the H. A. A., will preside, and R. B. Hale, '91, will act as poet. Invitations will be sent to a number of men outside the Association who are interested in athletics.