Yale-Harvard Shooting Match.

The following challenge was received yesterday from the Yale Gun Club:

The Yale University Gun Club hereby challenges the Harvard Shooting Club to a thirty bird match, to be held at New Haven, Friday afternoon, May 16th. The shoot to be governed by the American Association rules, the birds to be Keystone targets, thrown from Keystone traps at three angles, one straight a way and two quartering; five men to shoot on each team.

[Signed] Edward H. Floyd-Jones.

Secretary Y. U. G. C.At a meeting of the Harvard Shooting Club yesterday afternoon it was voted to accept this challenge and to hold a practice shoot this afternoon for candidates for the team. As the time is so short it behooves all men who have ever shot on a team to present themselves, that the team may be as strong as possible. The rules under which the match will be shot are entirely dissimilar from those used in former matches, and this will be greatly to the disadvantage of Harvard. Still, with what practice can be got this week, it is hoped that the men may get into some kind of shape. The class matches will be held next Thursday, May 22, followed in the evening by the annual dinner.