Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Atlantic Monthly.

The show piece of The Atlantic for June is General Walker's "The Eight-Hour Law Agitation," in which he gives an extremely candid and fair view of the subject on various sides, while nto pretending to hide his own conviction of the impracticability of such legislation. Mr. Warner, in his paper on "The Novel and the Common School," unintentionally emphasizes Mr. Lowell's remark that we are the most common-schooled and least educated people in the world. Mr. Warner asserts that it is the business of schools to teach a love of the good literature which is the fruitage of the world's thought. The "Turn of the Tide" is signed by the initials of Harriet Waters Preston and "L. D." It relates to the life of Symmachus, and the final triumph of worldly christianity over paganism. Mr. Hannis Taylor, in a paper on the growing inefficiency of the House of Representatives as a legislative body, advocates the seating of the cabinet in Congress. "Babes in the Wood" is one of Olive Thorne Miller's bird articles. Agnes Repplier writes a defence of villains in fiction. Her article bristles with literary allusions, but bears traces, as her work has of late, of "demnition grind." "God and his World" is ingeniously reviewed with columns of quotations. "An Arthenian Journey" is more clever than entertaining. In "Over the Teacups" Dr. Holmes is not at his best, but introduces the slight sketch of a most effective maniac story. "Cart Horses" by H. C. Merwin is full of information. William Morris' "House of the Wolfings" is reviewed, and poems are contributed by Mrs. Fields and Mary C. Gates. "Rod's Salvation" is concluded, and "Sidney" keeps on its way. The Contributor's Club is evidently on the verge of nervous prostration.