Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

The Advocate.

In the Advocate for March 2, the reader comes upon the eighth Harvard type, "The Semi-Religious Man." As described by H. H. Chamberlin, Jr., he will form a worthy addition to those who have gone before him; but it is to be hoped that he will complete their number. Without doubt there are more than eight Harvard types, yet many of them must prove less interesting on paper than they are in reality. It needs a very skillful pen to make attractive a description of that with which all are supposed to be familiar.

In the same line of character painting are the more pleasing sketches of "Girls," by A. C. Train. They are not all equally good, but the worst is far from bad, and one or two of them are delightful. Their vividness is in striking contrast with the rather vague picture called up by P. L. Shaw's verses on "The Madman," which follow closely.

"A Tale of a Wayside Inn," by J. P. Welsh, is longer than the interest of the tale would seem to justify, but the remaining articles of the number are very satisfactory. Two hitherto unknown names appear as the authors of well written stories,-"A Summer Incident," by R. L. Raymond, and "The Exacting Story," by J. W. R., both comparing not unfavorably with the "Fragment of a Modern Tale," by J. Mack, Jr. "The Last Theme," by F. Johnston, is exaggerated, but its cleverness saves this from being objectionable.