The New London Races.

A letter from Yale to one of the New York papers states that the Yale crew feel very confident of winning the race with Harvard. Both Rogers and Bolton, the two Yale coachers, admit that the crew is in pretty good trim, "although the fact that Harvard is saying nothing leads them to believe that their (Harvard's) crew is a first-class one." The Yale crew will take their last pull on the harbor on Friday, and on Saturday morning they go to New London and will be quartered at the Latham Brown villa, a large house situated on a commanding bluff at Gale's Ferry, a few yards from the Columbia quarters. The old Yale launch has been put on the dry dock for repairs, and the new one is not expected to arrive at New London till June 20. Ex-captain Rogers is giving his whole time to the freshman crew, while Percy Bolton coaches the 'varsity crew and will continue to coach them till Capt. Bob Cook comes to New London.

The Columbia freshman crew, who arrived at New London over a week ago, are all hard at work and are under the training of Mr. La Forge. They row from fourteen to eighteen miles every morning and night, and their work at the oars, while ragged, seems to the men who have watched them to have no faults which incessant training will not remedy. If there should be no race between the Yale and Harvard freshmen, the Yale freshmen will probably enter the three-cornered race with Columbia and Cornell. Yale's freshmen are averaging 165 pounds. The Columbia freshmen have been somewhat handicapped in practice pulling by being forced to work in an old shell while needed repairs are being made on their new paper boat.