Yale Freshman Crew.

The candidates for the Yale freshman crew have been cut down to ten men. Their names and weight are as follows: Gallaudett, 163 lbs; Rogers, (capt), 150 lbs; Wallis 167 lbs; Mills 173 lbs, Pond, 172; Graves, 169; Van Huck, 169 lbs; Pope, 160; Gould, 170; Cravens, 164. Just before the Easter vacation the men went to training table, and during the vacation with the exception of Saturday, they rowed twice every day under the supervision of James '90. The Yale News gives the following brief criticism of the different men: "Gallaudet rows a short stroke, is slow with body on the recover, and is careless in the finish. Wallis swings body and rushes the slide. Craven has very poor body swing and slow with hands. Mills is also slow with hands and his body work is poor. Pond swings out on catch and pulls out on finish. Graves has no body swing at all. Van Huyck's stroke is very uneven at finish and he clips slightly. Gould falls over on catch and pulls too short a stroke. Rogers has been sick for some time and cannot be fairly criticised. The most noticeable faults in the crew, as a whole, are a lack of life, a tendency to push their slides, a slowness with their hands, and pulling a short choppy stroke."