Harvard's Rowing Interests.

NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 1891.

To the Editors of the Daily Crimson:

May I not call the attention of those who have charge of our rowing interests to a few points that have impressed themselves upon me of late years? I admit I know nothing of "stroke" or "form." But I do know that I have supplied a great many Harvard cigars for Yale men to smoke during the past five years. This knowledge has brought with it the certainty that we have not rowed a winning stroke of late.

I live in a town where the Yale contingent flourishes. There are but two Harvard men in the place and we have endured much from our "friends the enemy" for five weary years. They do not know as we do that "the record" shows Harvard is still six races ahead of Yale. And lest Harvard men should forget this fact, allow me to give the figures:

Harvard and Yale met first on the water in 1852. Since then they have rowed 29 races, or in all 30 races. Of these Harvard won 15 races and Yale 12 races. In three races neither won, but in all three Harvard came in ahead of Yale. The score then is Harvard 18, Yale 12.

In 1885, the year of our last victory, the score was, Harvard 18, Yale 7. Why is it not today 23-7?

Very truly yours, '74.