Conference Francaise.

The Conference Francaise gave its annual theatricals last evening in Brattle Hall, the play being "Le Voyage a Dieppe," a comedy in three acts by Wafflard and Fulgence. The cast was as follows:

M. D'Herbelin A. de V. Tassin.

Mme. D'Herbelin C. J. Rolfe.

Isaure T. F. Patterson Jr.

Dumontel A. Sweeney.

d'Herigny W. G. Howard.

Monbray J. W. Ames.

M. Lambert E. S. Jones.

Mme. Lambert H. McCulloch Jr.

Felicite A. R. Tisdale.

Dupre R. H. Davis.

The play portrays the accidents and incidents of a party consisting of father, mother and daughter who undertake a journey from Paris to Dieppe and through a practical joke find themselves the next morning at Paris, whence they had started. The remainder of the play is devoted to the endeavors of the perpetrators of the joke to prevent the party from discovering the trick.

The honors of the evening were carried off by Mr. Sweeney, who acted with the same artistic reserve, yet brilliancy, as in the second comedy given by the same society last year. He was perfectly at home in his part, perfect in his make-up and especially good in the mystification scene in the second act. Mr. Tassin as d'Herbelin was good, and well up in his part, though at certain moments a little too enthusiastic.

Mr. Ames and Mr. Howard were excellent as young Parisians. Mr. Jones was especially good as the false naval captain, and Mr. Davis made an acceptable valet.

In the female parts Mr. McCulloch was very amusing, especially when playing the Georgienne.

Mr. Rolfe and Mr. Patterson were good though their voices at times provoked a little mirth. Finally, Mr. Tisdale made a dainty soubrette.

The whole play went off with spirit, and is another success scored by the Conference. The Banjo Club lent its cordial co-operation to fill up the entr'actes and was loudly applauded.