Fact and Rumor.

Marks are out in History 1 and Greek 2.

The lateness of yesterday's issue was due to a mistake of the printer.

An unusually large attendance is expected at the sports this afternoon.

President Seelye of Amherst College is seriously ill with facial erysipelas.

To-day is the last day for handing in the class lives.

The recitations in Chemistry 1 and Greek 10 were omitted yesterday.

The members of the Everett Athenxum are working hard on their minstrel show.

The initiation dinner of the Phi Beta Kappa will be held at Young's, on March 24th.

The prizes in the series of shotgun matches just closed will soon be placed on exhibition.

An effort is being made whereby the crews can be accommodated at club tables at Memorial.

Prof. Jackson, on account of sickness, has been unable to give any lectures in Chem. I this week.

Co-education in athletics is the latest. The students of Michigan University propose to have a mixed tennis tournament next spring.

Mr. L. Bradford has been elected chorister of the Hasty Pudding Club, and Mr. E. L. Thayer, Ks, in place of M. C. Hobbs, resigned.

The Wesleyan Argus believes that boating should begin at home, and advises the university not to send a crew to inter-collegiate regattas until the class races are established on a firm basis.

The Advocate which came out yesterday, contains an interesting and reliable article on the crew, which is of especial interest at this time.

W. L. Allen, '86, who has for some weeks been absent from college on account of sickness, is to go to St. Augustine, Florida, for his health.

The prospects for base-ball next season at Columbia are said to be good. A number of men from the Law School have signified their intention to play.

The Tech has a communication complaining of the disastrous financial condition of their foot-ball association. They have $15 in the treasury, and owe $125.

Mr. A. Z. Bowen will rehearse his lecture before the class of '85 within the next few days. The lecture will be delivered in Boston the end of this month.

The next theme in English 12 will be due on March 23. Either a subject suggested by reading, or one of the current topics of conversation is recommended.

The price of board per week at Memorial, has been determined for the past term. It is $3.90, and is the lowest term average since the establishment of the Dining Association.

Gilman, '85, the anchor of the senior class tug-of-war team, has received an injury to his knee. It is feared that it will prove to be water on the knee, in which case he will be unable to pull on the team.

W. P. Page, of the University of Pennsylvania, broke the Amateur record for the running high jump, last week, with a jump of 5 ft. 10 1-2 in. This is all the more remarkable from the fact that Page is but 5 ft. 7 in. tall.

The following is the provisional choice of men for the Freshmen Glee Club:- Balch, Barry, Cabot, B. Carpenter, G. A. Carpenter, H. M. Clarke, Ewald, Hale, Howard, Kolopothakes, Lund, Me rill, Pope, Solloway, Swarts, Towle.

The subject for the next debate at the Harvard Union, has been changed by consent of the principal disputants to the following, Resolved: that members of the President's Cabinet should have power to propose and discuss measures in Congress.