Sale of Seats at Yale.

Judging from the following account in the New York Times, Cambridge was not the only place where the sale of seats for the Springfield game did not suit everybody. Speaking of the sale of tickets at Yale, the Times says:

There were 500 men and boys in line when the sale began about 10 o'clock. Hundreds of other students, unable to be in line because of required attendance at recitations, had boys in line to purchase their tickets or secure their places. Manager Wright, it is declared, had all these ejected, with the excuse that no one outside of the university, unless known personally by him, could buy tickets.

This, it was said, was to keep the tickets out of the hands of speculators. Thus the students at recitation had no chance whatever of securing tickets. It had been announced that not more than five tickets would be sold to any one student, as a means to prevent speculation, and the students all agreed that this was an excellent idea. But when the sale began men who were friends of the manager found no difficulty in buying as many as twenty-five tickets, and one junior bought one hundred and sixty-one. The result was that the tickets were soon gone from the co-operative store. The foot ball management is receiving a great deal of blame from the students, who claim that they have been treated far from fairly.