Tennis Finals.

W. M. Edwards of the English High School, won the Harvard interscholastic lawn tennis championship on the Carey court yesterday afternoon, defeating R. C. Seaver of the Brookline High School, three sets to one.

The semi-finals were played yesterday morning. W. M. Edwards, E. H. S., defeated M. Howe, Cambridge Latin, 8-6, 6-3, and R. C. Seaver, B. H., beat C. Cummings, Newton Hign, 6-1, 6-3.

A large crowd assembled to watch the finals in the afternoon. Seaver started in strongly and played much better than Edwards in the first set, winning rather easily, 6-3. In the second, Edwards showed marked improvement and placed beautifully, making Seaver run all over the court. Seaver lost confidence and did not play as well as in the first, and Edwards got the set 6-1. The third set was the closest of the match. Edwards won a lead of 3-1. Then Seaver improved and in turn led at 5-3. By very pretty placing and running up to the net, Edwards tied the score, and finally won the set, 9-7, by his superior steadiness. The last set was close, but it looked as if Edwards would win, which he did, 7-5. Score of match, 3-6, 6-1, 9-7, 7-5. The match was well contested throughout, but the tennis was never at all brilliant, the principal trouble being that the men stayed too much in the back of the court.