Reports on the Three Years Course.

In the Boston Herald of yesterday there appeared a long article relating to the three years course. It stated that since the final vote on the matter rested with the Overseers, and since the Overseers are elected by the Alumni, in order that the Alumni may fully understand the position taken by the Faculty, "a circular has been sent by the University to every Alumnus, setting forth the problem which the college Faculty was called upon to solve, and of the considerations which determined its action." However admirable such a scheme might be, the facts of the case are that no such move has been taken.

What has actually been done is this: The Faculty has had copies of the majority and minority reports printed, and these copies they have sent to some of the leading school teachers, and to all people that have asked for them. In all about 1,000 copies of the reports have been sent out, of which about 750 have gone out from the office. Beyond this no such step as that mentioned in the Herald has been taken.