Twenty-Fifth Annual Banquet of the New York Alumni.

Two hundred members of the New York Harvard Club were present at the twenty-fifth annual dinner in New York Friday night. The dinner was held at Delmonico's. In the absence of President Eliot Professor James Mill Pierce spoke for Harvard University. Dr. Francis Peabody and Dr. John O. Sargent of the class of '30 sent regrets at not being able to be present and the last named sent three odes composed for the occasion. In introducing Dr. Storrs, Toast-master King spoke about Harvard's giving him a degree and said: If Harvard is anything she is cosmopolitan. When she sees a good thing she annexes it. Harvard has annexed Dr. Storrs.

Among the other speakers were Howard Mansfield of Yale, Professor Alexander of Princeton, W. L. Lathrop of Columbia, and Edmund Wetmore for the Harvard graduates.

The dinner was a great success and was more like a gathering of undergraduates than of alumni.

A thorough Harvard feeling was aroused and kept alive during the whole evening by rounds of cheers and by the regulation Harvard songs which were interspersed among the courses of the dinner and the speeches afterward. The Harvard Club of New York has now about six hundred members and although no proof was needed to show that it was in a most flourishing condition, yet the enthusiasm exhibited at this dinner brought the loyalty of the New York alumni more fully to light not only to themselves but to Harvard men all over the country.